2015 saw a significant interest increase in purchases and performances of my choral pieces. It was a truly exciting year as a composer. I am thrilled that many conductors are discovering and performing my pieces.
Like last year, I wanted to share my top five selling choral pieces of the past year (click here for the 2014 blog post). Three of the top five from 2014 are still on the list. Before the list is the rationale for making such a list. I hope it is useful and helps you discover some music you enjoy!
I think a list of the best selling pieces by a composer can be quite useful to conductors and performers. Why? Because the list is tried and true. All the pieces on such a list have been of sufficient interest to people to prompt purchases and performances.
1. My piece, “My Prayer,” for a cappella TTBB choir. “My Prayer” had a significant increase in sales, and has become my most popular piece for purchase by far.
2. My spiritual, “Soon One Day,” for a cappella SATB or TTBB choir (click here for the men’s choir version). This piece has been my most awarded/featured piece in the last year including being featured on choralnet.com, musicspoke.com, and in the 2015 Spring Edition of ACDA Minnesota’s publication, “The Star Of The North.” The TTBB version was also superbly performed by the Langowan 4 Male Choir of Langowan, Indonesia (Ricky Recky, conductor) for a choral competition in late fall, 2015. You can hear a recording of the performance here.
3. My setting of the famous Song of Solomon text, “Set Me As A Seal” for a cappella SATB choir.
4. My choral blessing, “The Lord Bless You,” for a cappella SATB choir.
5. My spiritual, “Sing Our Praise To God,” for a cappella SATB choir.